In the interest of full transparency, this Crust is the creation of a day drunk foodie jonesing for some za! After getting down on some honestly amazing Beers and smoking a 12 lb Brisket the day before, I wanted to utilize some Brisket (<— Check out my first Brisket!) and Sauce I made. Fumbling through the cupboards, I couldn’t find any yeast (sober me was also unable to find yeast…therefore, I am good at looking for things, okay Alyssa?) In my mind, Beer had yeast…gonna make some Beer Pizza Crust!
A Quick Crust For The Drungry Peeps (Drunk and Hungry)
This isn’t just a crust for when you’re in a pinch, honestly. Don’t get me wrong, a good yeasty crust that you let rise for hours is delicious (and I am actually working on one of those, too!) but, sometimes you just want some pizza and you want that shit now!
In all honesty, everyone always calls these things like “15 Minute Crust” or “Yeastless Pizza Dough”, I think both of those kind of cheapen how good this actually is, hence Beer Pizza Crust! The awesome thing about this (I feel like I always say this…) is how you can make it your own! At its base you should use the same ingredients but, let those creative juices roll! Use different beers to add different flavors. Pilsners and Lagers for your classic Pizza, IPA’s and Pales for some citrus additions (watch this one, the bitterness could be a little overpowering!), and maybe throw in a Stout or Porter for a Dessert Za! I used a Pils, personally and that is a great place to start I think.
Follow the gallery and you’ll be a-okay!
Beings that this is so simple to make, I’m just gonna give you some tips and tricks for some bombass Pizza combos!
- BBQ (Brisket above)-BBQ Sauce as the base sauce, a mix of Cheddar and Italian Pizza Cheese (Provolone, Mozz, Asiago), diced Red Onion, Smoked Brisket (could use Chicken or Pork, too!)
- Buffalo Chicken-Ranch as base sauce, a mix of Cheddar and Italian Cheese Blend (Provolone, Mozz, Asiago), Pulled Chicken Thighs, drizzle with Buffalo, crumble Blue Cheese
- Spicy Hawaiian–Spicy Marinara as base sauce, Italian Cheese Blend (Provolone, Mozz, Asiago), Roasted Jalapenos, Charred Pineapple, Pork Sausage
- The Pants-Pizza Sauce as base sauce, Italian Cheese Blend (Provolone, Mozz, Asiago), diced Green Olive, diced Red Onion, Italian Sausage, Tabasco
- The Wisco-Beer Cheese as base sauce, Mozz, Caramelized Onions, Sauerkraut, Diced or Sliced Brats
Season like The Tailgate Foodie! Click on pic to snag yours today!
The All-American BBQ Sauce
Beer Crust Pizza
- 2 1/2 c. AP Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder (not for dessert)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 8 oz. Beer
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
For Making the Dough
- Sift all dry ingredients into medium sized mixing bowl.
- Slowly add Beer. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- You can freeze or use.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Stretch and/or roll to desired size. (I cut the dough in half and made 2 pizzas)
- Drizzle light coat of Olive Oil onto Crust and poke with fork multiple times.
- Place on Pizza Stone, Baking Sheet, or Pizza Sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Pull and add desired toppings. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Pull and brush crust with Olive Oil. Place back in oven for 2 minutes.
- Pull, SLICE AND DICE!
This crust is hardy enough to grill and/or smoke! Try it out!
Even though this isn’t a “traditional” crust, traditional ingredients do super well on it!